2 days of deep understanding of how to use Shen and Heaven points it will transform your patient and your practice.
1. THE SPIRIT OF THE ACUPUNCTURE POINTS.
Acupuncture points with the character Spirit-Shen and how to use them in the clinic.
“All proper needling first treats the spirit “(Su Wen chapter.25).
The Nei Jing is full of inspiring discussion of Qi Bo and the Yellow Emperor about the Shen.
The deep art of healing with acupuncture relays on the ability to create transformation on the level of the Shen. From an acupuncture prospective this means that treating on the spirit level and helping patients to transform suffering into growth, is the core of one’s practice. From this prospective unfolding the deep mystery of the Shen’s relationship to the mind is the essence of human growth.
Points names and location relates on the deep alchemy of heaven and earth, Jing and Shen and many acupuncture points reflects this dynamic.
Out of all the 361 points there are 8 main points with the character Shen- Spirit
HT-7, CV-, BL-44, GV-24, GV-11, KI-25, KI-23, GB-13
Studying these points and others deepen the understanding of the Shen and helps to gain a practical knowledge in how to utilizing these points in the clinical practice
The lecture will cover: special needle techniques; deep understanding of the points and how to use them clinically; treating shen disorders, such as insomnia, poor memory, heart pain and palpitations, depressive disorders and even epilepsy
- deep understanding of shen acupuncture points and how to use them clinically;
- learning about the deep alchemy underlying the meridians
- gain practical knowledge to be able better to treat disorders like insomnia and depression
2. Windows of heaven”
In-depth understanding and the clinical use of the widows of heaven points
Heaven (Tian 天) points are mentioned in Ling Shu, Chapter 21 (5 points)
Relating to the five regions of Heaven and Chapter 2 the (10 points) which are now called the “windows of heaven”. These points are connected to the Divergent Channels which have a role in harmonizing interior/exterior and in balancing emotional load and conflicts.
A deeper understanding of these points gives us an insight into the inner alchemy and opens another level for clinical application of acupuncture. Applying treatments to the mental suffering, as well as, enhancing health and personal growth.
There is a close link between these points and the orifices of the head and face therefore by using them we can affect the perception and ability to see clearly, help in inner clarity and inner connection to the Shen.
Some examples of their indications:
- Rebellious qi Rebellious: shortness of breath (Lu-3), goiter (St-9)
- Acute disorders related to orifices: for sudden deafness (Sj-16)
- balance between the head and the body: headaches, dizziness, blood pressure.
- The Shen and heaven: Connect a person to the celestial realm for guidance (Heavenly realm).
This lecture will give an in depth understanding of heavenly points and their clinical usage.
The ten points of the ‘Windows of the Heavens’ are as follows:
- Lung 3 – Tian Fu (天府) – Mansion of Heaven
- Heart Protector 1 – Tian Chi (天池) -Pool of Heaven
- Triple Heater 16 – Tian You (天牖) – Window of Heaven
- Small Intestine 16 – Tian Chuang (天窗) – Heavenly Window
- Small Intestine 17 – Tian Rong (天窗) – Heavenly Manifestation
- Large Intestine 18 – Fu Tu (扶突) – Supporting Prominence
- Bladder 10 – Tian Zhu (天柱) – Heavens Pillar
- Stomach 9 – Ren Ying (人迎) – Humanities Welcome
- Ren 22 – Tian Tu (天突) – Heavenly Crevice
- Du 16 – Feng Fu (風府) – Wind Palace