Four 4-day Comprehensive Seminars (over 2 years)
Attention = this is an online course
In China, there are over 41 different lineages of Zhang Zhong Jing’s classical texts recorded by Dr. Wang Qing Guo at the Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, confirming the multiple branches of this classical gem. Our lineage of this classical system was kept alive with the teachings of Dr. Feng Shi Lun (冯世伦) who received his knowledge from Professor Hu Xi Shu (胡希恕), which learned from the master eunuch Wang Xiang Wei (王祥微). Generation after generation, this clinical gem was kept alive, while its understanding continued to develop and expand.
Dr. Suzanne Robidoux has been practicing herbal medicine for the last two decides. She has spent the last 5 years in China with Dr. Feng and this classical system of clinically application Zhang Zhong Jing's teaching. She has done a post doctoral clinical research and published multiple articles while teaching this classical medicine worldwide to deepen clinical understanding. She has been side by side with the lineage holder for all teachings and has a firm grasp of this lineage. It is fair to say that the richness of this system brings more depth and understandings into the Shang Han Za Bing Lun.
During this 4-day classical medicine seminar, Dr. Robidoux will introduce the complete classical approach of Jing Fang, beginning with the comprehensive symptomology of Jing fang within the 6 syndromes diagnosis methods in combination of the Classical understanding of the formula patterns of the Shang Han Lun and Jin Gui Yao Lue by making the classical texts from Zhang Zhong Jing pertinent and applicable in clinic.
This basic program of 4 long-weekends (128 hours) will enable practitioners to become proficient in the understanding and clinical application of the six syndromes, not only through acupuncture points but herbal formulas of herbs adapted to the treatment of these syndromes. Practitioners will study in detail 100 specific herbs, as well as 130 herbal formulas (composed of the herbs studied) according to the Jing Fang approach, including the dosages and key modifications needed for the different formulas.
- The full diagnostics of Jing fang and the formula patterns for the external syndromes.
- Over 50 internal formula patterns with full explanation and case studies with classical understanding.
- All the half and half formula approach of the Shao yang and Jue yin syndromes.
- The comprehension of Zhang zhong jing approach of pulse diagnosis according to Hu Xi shu lineage. This will also include complex combination formulas of formula patterns for severe diseases as well as external washes within the Jing fang approach.
The English Jing Fang online course
1. February 19th to 22nd, 2021 Jing Fang 1: Jing fang Diagnostics and external Tai yang syndromes.
2. April 16th to 18th, 2021 Jing Fang 2: The external Shao yin syndromes.
3. May 14th to 16th, 2021 Jing Fang 3: The internal Yang ming syndromes.
4. June 11th to 13th, 2021 Jing Fang 4: The internal Tai yin syndromes.
5. July 9th to 11th, 2021 Jing Fang 5: The half external half internal Shao yang syndromes.
6. September 24th to 26th, 2021 Jing Fang 6: The half external half internal Jue yin syndromes.
7. October 22nd to 24th, 2021 Jing Fang 7: Zhang Zhong jing’s Pulse presentations fitting syndrome combinations and formula patterns.
8. November 19th to 21st, 2021 Jing Fang 8: Externally used formulas, Jing fang tincture making and administration of raw and granule combinations.